Áridos de Melo obtains a certificate for new recycled mixes and rubber powders
Áridos de Melo has obtained a new certificate on new recycled mixtures and with rubber powders. This is a clear commitment to continuous improvement and innovation in the manufacture of more sustainable bituminous mixtures. Áridos de Melo has designed mixtures with recycled materials and with bitumen that incorporate rubber from end-of-life tires (NFU).
Some of these mixes will be manufactured at lower temperatures (semi-hot) using bitumen foaming techniques and/or by adding bitumen to improve the mix's envelope.
In this way, the company has obtained the CE marking for mixtures in intermediate and surface layers that incorporate these products, and that will be put into work in the coming months on the roads of the Community of Madrid.
- (37) AC22 BIN 50/70 S R-20 RARx (intermediate layer with 20% recycled material and pre-treated rubber dust)
- (39) AC22 BIN BC 50/70 R-20 SC (semi-hot intermediate layer with 20% recycled material and rubber-enhanced bitumen)
- (53) AC16 SURF 50/70 S RARx (wearing course with pre-treated rubber powder)
- (54) AC16 SURF 50/70 S R-10 RARx (wearing course with 10% recycled material and pre-treated rubber dust)
- (58) AC16 SURF BC 50/70 S (wearing layer with rubber-enhanced bitumen)
- (59) AC16 SURF 50/70 S R-10 (wearing layer with 10% recycled material)
These mixtures are added to those wearing courses that were manufactured with bitumen modified with rubber, instead of with polymers, in their objective for the sustainability of the activity.
We present the certificate obtained.